Veggie Miso Burgers
Apr 26, 2022
Try these tasty vegetarian miso burgers – go great with chips and coleslaw.
PREP: 15 minutes
COOKING: 25 minutes
SERVES: 4 people
- 75g bulghar wheat
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 chopped onions
- 4 chopped garlic cloves (or lazy garlic!)
- 2 grated carrots
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 30g pack coriander (stalks and leaves chopped)
- 1 lime, zested, ½ juiced, ½ cut into 4 wedges
- 2 cans of drained chickpeas
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- To begin heat oven to 220C. Cook the bulghar in a small pan of water for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the onions and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until their starting to turn golden.
- Add the carrots and chilli, and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes until the carrots soften. Add in cumin, ground coriander, coriander stalks and lime zest and stir well.
- Next tip the chickpeas into a bowl and crush with a masher or fork, then add the eggs and miso to form a chunky paste.
- Drain the bulghar well and stir into the spicy vegetables. Take off the heat, shape into eight burgers and place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until firm and starting to turn golden. Decorate as needed with tomatoes/lettuce/general greenery.
- 'Voila' there are your tasty vegetarian burgers. Enjoy!