Football and hockey pitches at Bisham Abbey are truly world class and used by some of the leading National and International sports teams for training and competitions.
We have recently upgraded our football pitches to provide users with three world-class playing surfaces, alongside a brand-new changing facility.
The pitches feature movable goals of various sizes to match specific training requirements, with the choice of:
A world class playing surface representing a precise replica of the Wembley pitch - in terms of both dimensions and playing surface. The pitch is recommended by FIFA and used by the top European football clubs including Liverpool, Manchester City, Internazionale and AC Milan.
Footwear: Moulds, studs or blades only.
3rd Generation (3G) Pitch
A UEFA standard third generation playing surface with a long piled tufted carpet featuring rubber and sand infill. The 3G pitch provides maximum comfort under foot, exceptional ball bounce as well as superb ball roll and control.
Footwear: Rubber moulds, rubber blades or astroturf trainers only.
The pitch is a mix of grass and fibres interlinked with each other on a bed of corked irrigation. This type of surface is more durable, less prone to flooding or freezing and due to the unique specification allows for more efficient grass growth as well as increasing playing comfort.
Used as a training base for England Hockey, Bisham Abbey's hockey pitches are a precise replica of the world class playing surface used for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- Inspected and tested for compliance with the latest FIH requirements
- Fully-floodlit to 500 Lux
- New Olympic-standard goals
- The watering system has been overhauled and adjusted to provide optimum conditions
- A practice area laid out with two D's provides for dedicated goal-keeping and short-corner training, as well as for warming up and for general practice and training
- A 6m video tower behind the goal at one end of the pitch, providing the perfect platform for filming play for coaching purposes
- Large shelters give plenty of space for substitutes and for storage of kit bags. The video tower and shelters are interconnected by Ethernet cabling and are provided with power
As the home of England Hockey, the pitches are regularly used by the Great Britain and England Men's and Women's senior teams.
A range of additional facilities are also available:
- Six changing rooms
- Three official's changing rooms
- Specialist services
- Sports massage
- Sauna & steam room
- State-of-the-art 90-station, elite strength and conditioning gym (subject to availability)
- Extensive free weights and functional area
- Squash and tennis courts