Terms & Conditions
'Win a Wedding at Bisham Abbey' Competition Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: 01 Dec 2022
Please familiarise yourself with the 'Win a Wedding at Bisham Abbey' Competition Terms and Conditions as below:
If you do not agree with any of these terms & conditions, you should not take part in the competition.
Main Completion Dates & Notifications
1. Entries to the competition (also referred to as a Win a Wedding at Bisham Abbey) are made via the official Win a Wedding Competition Facebook Post posted on December 1st at 8.30am.
2. Entries are restricted to residents of the UK and Channel Islands.
3. To enter the competition, you and your partner must:
- be over the age of 18 and each be legally entitled to marry; and
- not already be a married couple. The competition does not cover ‘renewal of vow’ ceremonies or celebrations.
4. Bisham Abbey reserves the right to reject entries from entrants not entering in the spirit of the competition including but not limited to entrants having no genuine and sustained intention to marry a specific named individual within 18 months of the date of the drawing of the winner.
5. Employees of Bisham Abbey or their families may not enter the competition.
6. By entering the competition, you are agreeing to receive marketing and other communications from Bisham Abbey.
7. Bisham Abbey reserves the right to exclude entries where all valid information has not been entered at the point of entry to the competition.
8. The winning entry (hereafter referred to as the Winner) will be chosen randomly from all valid entries received. In the case of dispute, the decision of Commercial Manager at Bisham Abbey shall be final and binding.
9. If the Winner cannot be contacted or successful contact is not made within a reasonable time period or if the Winner fails to provide a full contact address or fails to meet any of the eligibility requirements or is otherwise unable to comply with the terms and conditions, it may result in forfeiture of the prize and Bisham Abbey reserves the right to disqualify that entrant (without further liability to that entrant) and offer the prize to the next eligible entrant and thereafter until a winner is found.
10. The Winner agrees to the use of their and/or their partner’s name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and both will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Bisham Abbey relating to any post-winning publicity including but not limited to attending all interviews and photo shoots with each supplier to discuss their respective prizes as is necessary for press coverage.
11. Bisham Abbey reserves the right to amend these terms & conditions at any time without prior notice. Any amendments will be published on Bisham Abbey website and authorise d social channels. You are advised to regularly check the website for any changes.
12. Bisham Abbey reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition in any manner whatsoever if, at its sole discretion, it should decide the competition is not capable of being conducted as specified.
13. Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
14. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
15. All products and services provided as prizes under the competition will only apply to bona fide weddings arranged and taking place within the 18 months following the drawing of the prize. Should the products and services forming the overall prize not be planned and booked within 6 months of the draw and/or the wedding to which the prizes relate not happen within 18 months of the draw, Bisham Abbey reserves the right to withdraw all or part of the prizes and re-draw.
16. Bisham Abbey accepts no liability or responsibility for the provision of or failure to provide products and/or services from a different supplier as commissioned or employed by the Winner. (i.e. the civil ceremony, the photographer, the florist and varied associated commonplace wedding suppliers)
17. The Winner is responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prize.
18. The prizes apply only to the Winner or his/her partner and are not transferrable to any third party.
19. No cash alternative will be provided. However, prizes may be substituted for a suitable alternative at Bisham Abbey and the prize provider’s discretion.
20. The prize excludes any arrangements or costs for civil, religious or other ceremonies themselves and these should by arranged and paid for directly by the Winner. The Winner (and where applicable, his or her partner) may be required to provide their signature as proof of their agreement to relevant waivers, releases and/or consents when taking up a prize. Failure to sign any relevant documentation may result in forfeiture of the prize without further liability to that entrant.
21. The prize includes a 3 course Wedding Breakfast for 50 people, a Welcome Drink for 50 people, Full and exclusive use of designated area at Bisham Abbey and complimentary use of the Honeymoon Suite for the night of the wedding only.
22. The prize does not include any additional products or services not listed in 23. (above), specifically but not limited to; provision of an evening reception, any additional food and beverages, additional accommodation requirements or any other upgraded package elements of the standard Wedding Packages offered at Bisham Abbey.
23. The prize provision is for 50 guests only and the Bride & Groom, additional guests will be £100pp for the Wedding breakfast.
24. The Winner will have the opportunity to visit Bisham Abbey and meet with a Wedding Coordinator and also to sample the Wedding Breakfast Menu offered as part of the Win Your Wedding at Bisham Abbey prize.
25. All other products and services not included in the prize can be booked directly with Bisham Abbey and within their standard Wedding Package terms and conditions.
26. The prize can only be claimed and used on a weekday.
27. The prize winner will be announced on local media on Valentine’s Day, February 14th 2023. We will notify the Prize Winner within a week of the closing date January 15th.
28. The competition starts on December 1st and entries received prior to that time are not valid and will not be considered or entered in the prize draw.
29. The competition closing date is January 15th, 2023, and any entries received after that time are not valid and will not be considered or entered in the prize draw.
30. If you do not agree with any of these terms & conditions, you should not take part in the competition.
Please see our Wedding Terms and Conditions for all other wedding details, deadlines and payment.
All entrants are advised to regularly check the website for any changes.